Articles

#
Assess The Patient
6 Simple Steps to assessing ANY patient. Perfect for medical professionals trying to upgrade their skills and perfect for patients wondering what to expect in a well designed visit to the doctor.
#
Being Human
Earlier this year, I traveled to Alaska. On my return, I brought back 4 piles of stone created by an indigenous artist. Let me explain.
#
Rutgers Wrestler Faced Paralysis
Rutgers wrestler and assistant coach faced potential paralysis. He found a kindred spirit in previous NCAA Div I wrestler and practicing neurosurgeon Mark McLaughlin, MD
#
Drains and Brains
The secret story of drains in brain surgery. Learning medicine in the 21st Century. NeuroRounds is the place where the medical leaders of tomorrow interact LIVE with top experts.
#
Trenton Youth Wrestling and Learning Center
The Trenton Youth Wrestling and Learning Center is currently fund-raising, and seeking support (financial, political, ethical, and moral)
#
Peter Jannetta Patient
I had the great privilege of training with Dr. Peter Jannetta, the innovator behind the Jannetta technique of Microvascular Decompression. I recently had the honor of treating one of his patients.
#
Multiple Meningiomas
Multiple Meningiomas Case Discussion with leading spine experts. Just a small taste of what happens LIVE in NeuroRounds on the first Tuesday of every month. Watch now!
#
We Have No Time
Sometimes it's urgent and extreme team building that makes the difference in a patient's care. What happens when an ER patient needed life-saving surgery 10 minutes ago?
#
Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy
NeuroRounds: Drs. McLaughlin and Elkrief discuss surgical treatment options for a patient diagnosed with Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy. A Med Student describes the pre-operative imaging.
#
All About Brain Bleeds
All About Brain Bleeds - Imaging and Discussion with Mark McLaughlin, MD NeuroRounds Jan 3 2023. 4 and a half minutes of DENSE learning. Learn more about #NeuroRounds.
#
Reflections and Mercy
Reflections on the true story that we've shared with you over the past week. The story continues to influence our family and to bring us to reflect on the nature of what it is to be a good person.
#
May God Be With You
1944 Ukraine: May God Be With You - The tension is unbearable as Mark and Julie McLaughlin share "the story". Part 2 of a moving drama about regular people swept up in the winds of history.
#
The Good Samaritan
A Story of 1944 Ukraine: The Introduction Too often, we seem to skim over what the story of the Good Samaritan is truly about. What is Mercy? What is Faith? How to choose to be the Good Samaritan?
#
Medical Burnout - A National Crisis
Medical burnout video taken from the August session of NeuroRounds, the number one online venue for medstudents, pre-med, and healthcare professionals seeking to raise the bar of their skill level.
#
Finding The Switch : Next Level Wrestling
The tools that allow us to wrestle and compete at the highest level don't change over the years. Sometimes what changes is that people forget the basics and need to be reminded of what they've always known.
#
Moments of Choice
In this video Dr. Mark McLaughlin shares a youth coaching experience and provides tools and hints for your own coaching responsibilities. It's about choices and responsibility.
#
Day In The Life : Daybreak
Join practicing neurosurgeon Dr. Mark McLaughlin on the way to the hospital. It's the dawn of a neurosurgeon's day. Learn the thoughts and the process.
#
Day In The Life Episode 2
Mental preparation, Med Student Teaching Rounds, Patient preparation. There's to surgical prep than hand hygiene. Join Dr. Mark McLaughlin for this glimpse into a neurosurgeon's day.
#
Day In The Life Episode 1
A Neurosurgeon's Day... from early morning start, through a long day of surgery, teaching, and patient care, to making a contribution to the lives of others on a daily basis.
#
Limitless April 14 2021
LIVE STREAMING at 7:00 pm on April 14th Living Your Limitless Life: A Brain Surgeon's Approach to Longevity - A virtual presentation. Dr. McLaughlin shares tips for a happy, healthy, and productive life. He uses actual cases to illustrate how you can take control over many of the risks to your well-being.
#
Mercer-Presentation-May19
Living Your Limitless Life: A Brain Surgeon's Approach to Longevity - May 19th at Noon : Mercer County Surgery Center
#
High Performance for Athletes
December 8, 2020: High Performance for Athletes. A motivating presentation for Dakine Warriors. Dr. McLaughlin joins the competitive athletes from the Dakine Warriors..., a top volleyball club in the Pacific Northwest.
#
Alchemy of Wrestling
The Alchemy of Wrestling. A short video inspired by the work of Jordan Peterson. Who knew that you could connect the story of ancient alchemists to Harry Potter and ultimately wrestling? Dr. McLaughlin puts on his "Coach Mark" hat to inspire a group of wrestlers.
#
William & Mary Tribe Speaker Series
Dr. McLaughlin with the Womens' Soccer Team at William & Mary. An inspirational message about seizing the moment and retaking control. Because it's important to believe something good will happen.
#
Virtual Event With Dr. McLaughlin
How do we make sense of the senseless? On July 15th, 2020, people from as far afield as Russia and Canada came together to listen to Dr. McLaughlin help us make sense of it all.
#
The 3 Secrets to Cognitive Dominance
Watch presentation to the Old Guard of Princeton. It's a stage previously occupied by Albee, Dyson, J Seward Johnson, Kahneman, Reinhardt, Tilghman, Anne-Marie Slaughter, and Albert Einstein!
#
The Power of Platforms Full Presentation
Video of The Power of Platforms - Complete Presentation. this is a powerful message for Executives, Athletes, Entrepreneurs, and anyone facing challenges and decisions. Here are the tools you need.
#
Highlight Reel: Power of Platforms
Highlight reel from Dr. McLaughlin's presentation "The Power of Platforms". Dr. McLaughlin is a noted author, coach, inspirational speaker, and neurosurgeon.
#
Dreams, Platforms, and Choices
Reaching the Platform means different things to different people, but for everyone, the journey requires the combination of a set of virtues and principles that range from dedication to hard work and faith.
#
Parallels in Precision Video: West Point Football Coaches
It has been an incredible experience presenting my workshop on precision, concentration and execution to the West Point Football coaching staff, and then having the further opportunity to work with the young men of the Football team. Watch this video to see the West Point coaching team experience a new way of looking at stress.
#
Time, Carla, and Peak Performance
This presentation was made at the Hunterdon Healthcare Foundation Annual Lecture and tells the story of meeting Carla..., a young girl with a life ahead of her..., if she could only survive the next few minutes. Life is measured by momemts.
#
Jannetta Symposium
Dr. Mark R. McLaughlin delivered opening remarks on the occasion of the Inaugural Peter Jannetta Symposium. A video created by the University of Pittsburg.
#
Peter Jannetta Tribute
A tribute to Dr. McLaughlin's teacher, mentor, and friend Peter Jannetta, MD. This tribute was prepared in 2010 and discusses Dr. Jannetta's achievements. With commentary from a number of leading neurosurgeons.
#
The World Needs More Wrestlers
Legendary Coach Dan Gable: "The world needs more wrestlers." I'm honored to announce that I have been selected Grand Marshal of the 2015 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships.