Articles

#
Top Doctor 2024
Year after Year after Year. For more than 10 years Dr. McLaughlin has been recognized by Castle Connolly as one of the regions Top Doctors
#
Rutgers Wrestler Faced Paralysis
Rutgers wrestler and assistant coach faced potential paralysis. He found a kindred spirit in previous NCAA Div I wrestler and practicing neurosurgeon Mark McLaughlin, MD
#
An Open Letter to Wrestling Coaches
Troubled and saddened by the University of Iowa Athletics' decision to partner with UFC. My open letter to wrestling coaches across the country and to University President Barbara Wilson
#
Back to School, 30 Years Later
I recently attended the 30th reunion for my medical school class at Virginia Commonwealth University. The trip included great memories and some reflections on the future of medicine.
#
Handwritten Notes
Never underestimate what a hand written note can do for someone. I was lucky enough to have parents who consistently encouraged me not only with words but also in writing.
#
Limitless April 14 2021
LIVE STREAMING at 7:00 pm on April 14th Living Your Limitless Life: A Brain Surgeon's Approach to Longevity - A virtual presentation. Dr. McLaughlin shares tips for a happy, healthy, and productive life. He uses actual cases to illustrate how you can take control over many of the risks to your well-being.
#
With A Heavy Heart
Last week I met with our non-profit organization, Trenton Youth Wrestling, to determine our stance on resuming normal activities during the COVID-19 pandemic. We considered many factors... most importantly, the overall social and moral question:
#
Virtual Event With Dr. McLaughlin
How do we make sense of the senseless? On July 15th, 2020, people from as far afield as Russia and Canada came together to listen to Dr. McLaughlin help us make sense of it all.
#
COVID-19 Reflections
A strategy for thinking about COVID-19 and coping with these challenging times. Using the IRISE method to guide your thinking. Dr. McLaughlin applies Cognitive Dominance methods to the problem.
#
An Olympian Visits Trenton - Kyle Snyder
"What if…this program grew to its potential? What if these young girls and boys get the same great coaching, teaching, role models, and mentorship that I was blessed to have? What if Trenton Youth Wrestling produced an Olympian? Why not?"
#
From Do No Harm to Do Harm: A Neurosurgeon’s Path to Madness?
Texas neurosurgeon Christopher Duntsch, was sentenced to life in prison for what headlines described as “botched’ surgery. I'm saddened to learn that patients suffered injury at the hands of a doctor they had trusted to help them, and by the pain and suffering of his patients, their families and friends.
#
West Point and Elite Performance
On February 27th, 2017 I was honored again by the opportunity to speak at West Point. People who know me are aware of my passion for finding the keys to unleashing maximum performance. Not surprisingly West Point is packed with people who are driven by the pursuit of excellence.
#
5 Lessons I Re-learned Courtesy of Ryan Lochte
I’m pretty sure that after the dust settles, Ryan Lochte will be fine. Sure, he tarnished his reputation in action and words, but ultimately he fessed up to his big fish story. I'm reminded of some key lessons about life.
#
Pat Summitt Basketball Coach Passes Away - A Tribute
Legendary women's basketball coach Pat Summit passed away on June 28th at the age of 64. Her final years were spent battling Alzheimer's Disease. It's difficult to grasp the the depth of her impact on women's basketball and sports in general.
#
WGN TV Video About Trigeminal Neuralgia
The wife of WGN Sports Anchor Pat Tomasulo suffers from Trigeminal Neuralgia. An informative video.
#
The World Needs More Wrestlers
Legendary Coach Dan Gable: "The world needs more wrestlers." I'm honored to announce that I have been selected Grand Marshal of the 2015 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships.
#
Jannetta Society Meeting 2013
On October 21, 2013 I attended the annual CNS conference in San Francisco California. While there, he also attended the Jannetta Neuroscience Foundation annual meeting
#
NCAA Head Injury Settlement - Interview Dr. Mark McLaughlin
As an an ex-NCAA athlete, a neurosurgeon, and a coach, I have followed closely.the progress of the NCAA Head Injury Settlement. NJTV News interviewed me for their news feature about the preliminary settlement of $70 million in a class action suit regarding head injury and the NCAA.